Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Clawacula

I forgot to mention--when talking about Minion's upcoming spaying, the vet asked: Do you just want to fix her or do you want to declaw her too?

EEEEK!

I wonder if she asks because it's silly (and dangerous) to put the cat through one operation, and then later another one? I have trouble imagining it's for money reasons (like offering the special of the day!) since vets are pretty unanimous in their disapproval.

I was so startled, I said No of course not!! And she said good, and nodded in approval. I added--they can rip up the furniture for all I care.

2 comments:

Simone said...

I really try to mind my own business as much as possible at work. I am surrounded by idiots so if I spoke up every time I would not get any work done. BUT when my pod-mate mentioned declawing the cat I had to say SOMETHING! ARGH! makes me angry to hear people still do that. Assholes.

London Mabel said...

I know. A really nice coworker was going to do it (and did it) to his cat, and I had to say something. But I could tell his mind was already made up, the appointment was already made. Hapoo. :-(

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia