Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Mary Janes (no I haven't bought a bong off etsy)

I bought these slippers off etsy. They're exactly the shade of gray I wanted, and Fernando (who knows his knitting/crocheting) says they're really well made.


But as I feared the heel part is shallow and slips off my heel. Well they're not exactly shallow, but they need to be stretched upwards to cover the heel.

The Mary Jane strap isn't in the right place to keep the heel on. So I wound it through the heel and up to the button, and that holds the heel on well.

And still looks cute. So this might work. If not, Fernando--of course--wants to take them from me. But I think we should order him his own pair in a bright fun colour, don't you agree?
Mind, I'm still yearning for these.

Of course Queen Hal is predictably disdainful:
"MY slippers are far superior, Mahmmy. ...
- they're softer than your slippers
- they don't fall apart when cleaned
- they never slip off
- they have leather pads on the bottom and are made of real fur, but not cruel to animals (riddle me that, so-called vegan!)
- and they come with Wolverine snickety-snicks. Can your slippers tear a man's face off? I thought not."

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia