Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scenes from an office - The List

Years ago I worked with someone who was a great coworker, and is still a friend, but who seemed to Hate a lot of things. I don't know if it was because he was getting tired of the job, or if he's always like this. But he would have these regular outbursts of "I hate--!"

Another coworker and I started secretly writing a list of his Hates whenever he said them. I wish I still had it. There's only three that I remember.

#1 "I hate people who don't have answering machines!" - He thought it was barbaric.

#2 "I hate Elie Weisel types!" There was me--aghast: "You can't hate holocaust books! It's not allowed!" But then I realized he meant books that were put on the market in a wide variety of formats.

#3 The best one: "I hate intertextuality!"

Actually, he's French-Canadian, so it came out: "I hate intertextualité!"

2 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

If I say "I hate people who hate too much" does that make me like them? LOL The truth is that I avoid people who hate too much.

Kath Calarco says thanks for the information about the screens being reader friendly. She told me she's really happy about it and is going eReader shopping.

London Mabel said...

Yes I often avoid them too. Too much of an optimist. :-)

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia