Monday, June 7, 2010

My café

My husband's new addiction is a facebook game called Café World, where you collect ingredients, and set things to cook, and then have to serve them before they go bad. He started using the game with my login (on my computer) so that he could *use me* as his neighbour, to collect more things for his café.

This results in a whole bunch of game icons cluttering up my facebook profile. At first I just tried to stay on top of deleting them all (doesn't take long.) But then I found out that the only way to share them with friends who play the game is to leave them on your profile a bit, for others to take. So now I don't even delete them so he, or one of our friends who plays, can have them.

And I find myself leaving one tab open with his game on so he can collect points, and I check in to see if any meals need serving so they won't spoil. (The eggs benedict were not a pretty sight.)

I finally just had to embrace it this weekend and make my avatar look better.


The funny thing is that Our Friend uses her mother's facebook login to do the same thing. "So if one day your mother is trying to friend me on facebook, it's really you friending Fernando?" Yes.

As Scrooge would say, I'll retire to Bedlam.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia