Wednesday, November 25, 2009

18 577 words to go


I've made some more celery carrot soup. I've made some apple walnut pudding. My fridge is almost empty. I've only 1 bagel left, then there's no bread. There's milk, but only non-vegan cereal which the husband bought 3 packages of and then left. No sugar left for making desserts.

There is lots of tea, however. I may survive on tea.

I'm ready to write... but I have to get up at 6 AM tomorrow for work, so... it's gonna be a tough last 5 days in nano land. I've finished my modernization of King Henry IV Part 1, so now it's on to Henry IV Part 2. I may accelerate through this part and get to Henry V. It's the adapting that slows me down--trying to figure out how to take a battle in the play, and turn it into something contemporary, not involving death since I'm writing a Light and Frothy Comedy. Yes yes, I'm turning three history plays about war into a screwball comedy. Failure is imminent.

As my father quoted on his facebook today, from Homer Simpson:

"I hate trying. Trying is just the first step towards failure."

1 comment:

ladada said...

Good luck with the "all tea" diet...

Paintball - use a paintball fight?

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia