Saturday, October 24, 2009

Listening to... hiphop

Outkast - Spottieottiedopaliscious


My characters for my new book began as real people -- Paris Hilton and Jason Newsted (former bass player of Metallica). I chose the latter because he seems like the quintessential Nice Guy and I thought I'd like to write about a QNG.


And at some point he turned into a black guy. So now my character is a combination of Newsted and Pharrell Williams. Which has really helped move my plot forward.


And it means that now I'm listening to hip hop instead of metal. But Williams likes all kinds of genres, especially rock, and his own band (N.E.R.D.) is a mixture of hip hop and rock, so the heavy metal will still find a place in there. He'll be an interesting hero by the time I'm finished with him. Interesting to me, anyway. ;-)

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia