Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jilly is vair vair amusant

I decided to start a Jilly Cooper book, instead of the Guernsey. I'm planning my next book, so I'd rather read something sort of in the vein of what I want to write. Something funny, to get me in a funny mood. Cooper's characters are so trashy and trashed, bonking and drinking their way across the polo pitches... vair vair amusant.

There's always a bunch of characters, and one of them always has a great romance storyline. So bonking, drinking, and a little sweet romance. Also great horse, dog and cat characters, great flower descriptions, great polo matches, and plenty of bon mots. Just the thing for a vacation.

I'd love to buy up all the rest of the Georgia Nicolson books and read those on vacay, but that's a lot of money for books that only take a couple hours to read. The library still hasn't come through with book 6 for me. Vair vair non amusant.

I'm watching Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf as I write this. I'd always thought I'd love this play once I'd seen it, because I love these depressing 60s plays. But really, it's just annoying.

I re-watched Rashoman this week. That was better.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia