Sunday, September 13, 2009

getting myself rejected

From "Reasons Why Your Manuscript Got Rejected" at Inkygirl:

4. The writer seems like a difficult person to work with. Wendy always Googles an author’s name before offering a contract. She says she may be prompted to change her mind about signing up an author if they share too much information in their blog, if they tend to blog a lot about how hard writing is, if they blog about being rejected many times, if they publicly bash a book she’s worked on, or if they bash a colleague in the business who is her friend.

- shares too much information: Like the colour of underwear I'm wearing? Or the fact that I sometimes drool in my sleep on the side where my nerves are dead?

- how hard writing is: Writing is a breeze! Easy-peasy! No problemo! You hear me agents and editors? NO PROBLEMO. It must be easy, because James Patterson's just signed on to write 17 books in 3 years.

- about being rejected: I haven't had a rejection in years! (Okay well I haven't submitted something in years, but still.)

- publicly bash a book: Winnie the Pooh! What a terrible book. Who could write such trash??

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia