Friday, August 21, 2009

"What do you mean I end up in jail?! Motherf**ker!"

When I met Gilby he used to talk about His Bestest Friend In the Whole World, Alfonse. Alfonse has lived in the US since I've known him (he's a brainy scientist, now working on turning algae into fuel), now in San Diego, married to a Pretty Intelligent Witty Blonde (what shall I call her? Mrs Alfonse?) who used to write a great blog about not dieting for one year.

Mrs Alfonse took in some plays at Stratford this summer and she brought me back 2 gifts: Oscar Wilde finger puppet, and a mini booklet of Oscar quotes. Can you believe that? How classy is this dame!

Here is Finger Oscar becoming familiar with his life story.
I wonder if I should stop him before he gets to the last
few chapters.

Here is poses next to himself. I love that they made
his head dipping to one side, just like in the photos.
He's a dreamer, our Oscar.

Here's some safer reading material,
and more his size too.

And here he is with a pen up his bum
(no somdomite jokes please).
Instead of dying lonely and ruined in Paris,
he sits here, immortal, inspiring my writing.

Now... I think we should work our way through the quote book.

Women are sphinxs without secrets.

1 comment:

Mrs. Alfonse said...

I'm glad Lil' Oscar is making himself at home. : )

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia