Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 good newses

1. Photographer Kyle Cassidy--who photographed Amanda Palmer dead, and people with guns, and writers' rooms--was at Worldcon photographing sci fi fantasy fans. And this happened:

At one point I looked up and a smiling woman handed me her model release and said "Hi, I'm Connie Willis." There was a long pause and I said "Hi. I'm a bit speechless." and after Connie Willis a lot more of the rich and famous swam through with the streams of fandom and I realized that one thing about f&sf which doesn't seem to be true of many other genres is that the authors, the best ones, every one, not only started out as fans but they still are.

I can't wait to see the photo! And all of them, cause I really like his work. (And he's a big cat lover, so I like his LJ too.)

2. After seeing the photo of me and my new BFF, my step-mother said we look like we're mother and daughter. I always knew Connie Willis was my long lost mother!! It explains EVERYthing. So exciting. ...The striking resemblance I supposedly bear to my so-called biological mother is quite the coincidence.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia