Monday, July 20, 2009

Did you have this board game?




A radio announcer mentioned it today on CJAD, because he remembered one of the songs from it: "Bonjour my friend, how are you mon ami, ça va très bien, thank-you!" Oh my days I totally remember the songs and the game. It was given to us free at school.

Now one of my favourite games to play alone in my room was School. I was always teaching, and I loved to *teach* French. This was before I came to Quebec and knew any French. I used this game to *teach*, and also a little blue book of travel French (how to order eggs etc.) Hours of fun I tell you.

I had a little green chalk board, but I used it so much it became shiny and un-write-able. So one year, in my late childhood, the folks bought me a Brand New Chalkboard. It was beeootiful. It's hard to grow up believing the world is a harsh and terrible place when you grew up with beeootiful chalkboards. Maybe if we all had chalkboards, there would finally be world peace.

1 comment:

BrotherPaul said...

That was kinda Rick Mercer-esque.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia