Saturday, March 14, 2009

The History of me: In Cats & Blankets


Everyone knows the great Cat Love of my life was Ernie. My dad is getting all our old slides transferred to digital, and I've given him strict instructions to forward ALL ERNIE PICTURES.

He hasn't found them yet, but here's one of the tabbies who passed our way. (Lost cats I think?) First Mork, and later Rocky. Brother Pablo guesses this is the latter. KITTIES! I don't remember which one loved spaghetti.

I don't remember the book pictured here, but after googling, I think that fairy tale is "Pinkel the Thief." I do remember the jungle animal bed sheet, the Holly Hobby sheets, the flowered blanket, and the green blanket.

Greenie the Blanket: My mother took me to the store to pick out a blanket I was supposed to bring to day care or something, and this is the one I chose. I called it Greenie. Ernie loved to suck/knead Greenie, so I kept it until it was falling apart, and had a gigantic hole in the middle of it. Me, Ernie and Greenie: We were a trio. I'm pretty sure I kept it, since Ernie was put down. ...Must find out.

So as Pablo said when he saw the pic: Oo a photo of Young Greenie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Greenie ever fully recovered from Ernie's death. They were inseparable, those two...

Anonymous said...

what... you got rid of Greenie???

you sick sick woman. You have no heart.

Sim.

Anonymous said...

Check with France ... is it possible we took him to the vets on his "last trip," wrapped in Greenie? I know he had some sort of favorite blanket or something to give him comfort... not sure if it went with him... maybe ...?

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia