Friday, November 7, 2008

Oscar Takes Charge

In light of my last post, I have decided to turn over all my email correspondence and blogs to Oscar the Human Resource Puppy, until November is over.

I first hired Oscar straight out of a bin at Maxi's, when I was having a bad day as a manager at my job (years ago.) Because you can sit him on the chair and tell him all your problems. And he wears his calm smile, and listens attentively, and pats you on the hand (if you move his paw for him.)

(Vidal once, infamously, banished him to a box in the elevator room when he first became my boss. He paid dearly for that.)

Fred said he looked a bit flaming with his frothy bow, so I named him after my hero Oscar Wilde. I hope you find him a satisfactory replacement.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But Oscar cannot engage in a Political Argument any better than Miss Also Too Palin. Just saying.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia