Thursday, August 21, 2008

San Franvegan

I don't usually tag things in this blog, but I'm going to start marking out San Francisco related posts.

Here is my first possible trip: To a vegan sundae shop! And my step-mother is lactose-intolerant, so she should be similarly approving. (The starting point is one hotel possibility.)
Now that I cook all the time I'm less excited by veg restaurants, but at least finding veg alternatives shouldn't be too much of a problem wherever I am. Ahh the flaky west coast.

What I did with London was I marked out every place I wanted to go and then, with my HUGE and EXTREMELY DETAILED Michelin map (gotta get one of those) I grouped things together and created my own tours. That's how I ended up walking so much... I would look at the next location to visit, and would always think: The weather's so nice, why bother going underground?

And I will admit there was one more disincentive--I have a mild fear of loooong escalator rides, upwards. And in London the stations are really underground. Holy crap. At one station there was a sign on the stairs that said something like: "No really, don't take the stairs. You'll die."

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia