Friday, August 29, 2008

Imaginary Life on the West Coast

So my brother has finally found the perfect place to live in Vancouver. Check out this sweet listing:

"$725 / 1br - CAUTION - Slum alert (N. Surrey)If you want all the noise and don't mind other people hearing you do "everything", you don't care whether you have a fire, or you like the thumping by psychotic downstairs neighbors, rent this pigsty. Revolving door tenancy."

He'd better rush to grab that one.

My dad is always sending me places to live in Nanaimo. (My boss also, for some odd reason, thinks I should live in Nanaimo.) Anyway, he finally found me a nice place on my dream street: Buttertubs Drive. I would love to have BUTTERTUBS as my address. Buttertubs sounds like a lesser known member of Our Gang (The Little Rascalz).






Here's my sweet little home. I wonder if I can hire on whoever lives there now to do my gardening.


Conventiently located near Buttertubs Marsh, of course. As Virginia Thoreau said: A woman must have money and a marsh of her own if she is to write fiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spanky, Alfalfa, and Buttertubs!

Anonymous said...

Ahh! I want that cottage!

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia