Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fear me and my authorial powers


Today I found out there's a town in California called Cressy, which is, like, a beaut of a coincidence for my upcoming novel.

Coincidence? Or are my powers at plotting becoming so strong that the world is starting to conform to my desires? This is what I told Fernando as we waited at the bus stop, off to buy groceries.

At the grocery store, we were waiting in line. It was quiet (9 PM in an already sleepy store). We all seemed to be waiting for the cashier who'd disappeared.

I said to Fernando: "It was quiet in the grocery store that night. ...Too quiet. Where had Sally the Cashier gone? One minute she was there, and the next--no one could find her. And then... the lights went out! A shot rang in the dark! And a pirate ship loomed on the horizon."

About 30 seconds after I said this there was a power failure and the lights went out.

Sometimes I scare even myself.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia