Monday, July 28, 2008

The Story of Me: In Bookmarks

When my brother cleaned out the back of a closet before moving, he found a box that must have been my stuff stored in the Parental Basement, which accidentally made its way into his hands.

I threw out everything in it except this:

The date on the back says 1983, when I was 10 years old. Clearly Chewbacca should be added to two lists:

(1) My heroes. I always remember Yoda, but who was my hero long before Yoda? The tall furry one. Chewbacca, or--as I heard in a French translation once--Chico-ba. (Must be his pimp name.) Of course, I now know that Chewie and Yoda are old war buddies.

(2) My vegan influences. My animal-loving tendencies must have even trumped my feminist tendencies because it took me a long time to get over Leia calling Chewie a "walking carpet."

Sadly, I don't have one of these (though I do have a zebra backpack named Chappie.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get that monkey off my back!! I don't care what he's called - he's violating me!!! arrh...

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia