Friday, June 27, 2008

Alone again... naturally?

Haven't been online today or yesterday. Brother Pablo is moving to Vancouver (in about an hour). Fernando and I are taking some of his things (lots of book shelves, some other stuff) so that fact finally spurred me to do The Great Apartment Reorg that's been due for a long while. I still have a lot to do, but most of the major pieces are in place.

Taking down all my books, throwing out my olllld shelves that are falling apart, replacing them, and replacing the books will be the longo part. Though always kind of fun. What book lover doesn't revel in her own books? But luckily I got rid of a LOT of them last summer and this year.

Anyway, Fernando's been helping me, which only happens about once in 5 years because it's all very traumatic for him. Luckily I'd gone to the Pointe Claire village and done a bunch of shopping, so we had grapes and cherries to keep our sugar levels up.

We helped Pablo bring all kinds of stuff down to the garbage, and then I made vegan chocolate milk shakes.

*

We just saw Pablo off to the taxi. It was very strange and sad. I'm used to saying goodbye to people because I've moved a lot in life, so I'll adapt... but goodbyes are sad all the same. Now there's no friendly neighbour down the hall, just me and Fernando and the kitties.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sniff Sniff ...

But wheeeee - Paul lands in three hours! I hope he has a good connection to the island - otherwise we'll re-route him on a sea plane I guess!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

The Pablo has landed; lunched; and is now snoooozing.

And he's brought the nice weather with him. We're expecting a sunny warm weekend.

Love ya!
laDada

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so fast! I knew he was moving but not so soon. :(

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia