Monday, February 11, 2008

death by self-pity, in snowbank

I'm starting to hit all time lows. Today I spilled juice down the inside of the fridge door, and I almost had a breakdown. All that saved me is that I'd just made pancakes, and was able to sit down with pancakes and Blackadder.

My nervous system seems to know that we're nearing the end of school, and it's breaking down early.

I feel like walking into a really tall snow bank and Ending It All in a very melodramatic and suitably Canadian manner.

It's strange to be school-exploding when the end is so near... 9 weeks left (and then some grading, but that's okay.)

It's not even a lot of school work that I'm complaining about. It's not the amount of work, it's the Annoyance With All Things Learned. Even reading these articles for the class I TA... it's just gotten exhausting. I remember when I finished my BA in English, the main thing I felt was: I am sick and tired of reading what other people tell me to read. The first book I read after graduating was the latest Judith Krantz novel about models at Paris Fashion Week.

Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any chance that some of your recent school-angst is related to the headache meds? side effects?

gmc

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia