Monday, September 24, 2007

playing on my mp3 player

So apparently Sinead O'Connor is bipolar. Ahhhhh that explains her whole career!

Anyway, my album of the moment, from library, is a cd of cover songs of Dolly Parton. It really rocks. Melissa Etheridge has a pretty I Will Always Love You, and Sinead has this spooky Dagger Through the Heart (I like it better than the bluegrass original), and I love this version of Jolene from some unknown Mindy Smith. Parton is such a great songwriter, and you see that in Jolene. There are lots of songs about cheating in this world, but not many of them to the tune of "I know you're hot enough that you could take my man, I'm just asking that you don't!"

I can easily understand
How you could easily take my man
But you don't know what he means to me, Jolene





Or The White Stripes if you prefer.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia