Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Story of Me: In French (Aka: Monn cray-onn ess lARge)

Since I'm looking for new work, and I live in Quebec, I've decided to do some work on my French. I did my entire high school in French, but I live in an Anglophone part of town, and worked in a store in this part of town, so I haven't been working in a Francophone environment. I haven't lost my French, by any means, but being immersed in it makes a big difference. Like the old bicycle, it comes back to you, but I want to feel more confident.

I'm just trying to decide how to go about it. I'm considering an advanced French course, because a school environment, with homework, and a bit of daily/weekly immersion tends to work well. But there are a lot of language schools here and I don't know which are the best.

I don't want to buy language on CD courses, cause they're European French and I'll learn weird expressions, and useless phrases like "Garçon! Amener les cuisses de grenouilles!"

-- Oh wait! The Université de Montréal has evening courses in the late spring, super cheap for residents. Ooh. Maybe I can start with my Home Plan and then enroll in this. It's only two nights per week. Hm hmm! --

5 comments:

Simone said...

Je trouve que c’est vraiment une bonne idée! Tu verras : ce que tu as appris au secondaire te reviendra « pas mal » vite!

Té ben capable (a little written Québecois to confuse you! LOL)

Kristin said...

useless phrases like "Garçon! Amener les cuisses de grenouilles!"

LOL. Sounds about right.

London Mabel said...

Ben, SiMUN, confuse-moi pas trop TROP là, 'vec tes 'tits trucs. 'Suis juste une tête cârré!

Simone said...

ben la.. té entrain d'me dire qu'j'té lancé un pti défi icitte!!! Oway donc, tu'm naise!

LOL - this has the potential to degenerate FAST!

London Mabel said...

lol

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia