Wednesday, September 1, 2010

tv land

So, like many people, I found it impossible to keep watching Robin Hood after Marian died saving King Richard's life. They had so successfully built her romance up with Robin, over two seasons, that her death scene was soooo saaaaad. Like most fellow fans, I cried like a colicky baby. It was hard to imagine enjoying the show without that relationship.



I've only just now watched the premiere of season 3, though it's been on tv before. They've finally introduced Friar Tuck. The ending of the episode was great. Every season they up the ante in terms of how nasty the Sheriff is--this time Prince John has demanded more taxes from him, so things are getting supa ugly. So then they have to up the ante on how heroic Robin and his peeps are, and they managed it.


And Guy finally stood up to the Sheriff! One of the funniest things on the show is how sad and pathetic Guy is, and how the Sheriff makes fun of him all the time. This time Guy finally told him off. Probably one of the best ways to keep this show going will be an interesting character arc with Guy--there's a lot of depth possibility there. And it looks like season 3 was the last season, so at least there'll be an ending.


In other TV news, I'm starting season 3 of Nos Etés. It's my Quebec Saga Show that I watch with French sub-titles to practice my French. But I don't remember all the details of the previous seasons! I watched them when I was doing my BA.




And I borrowed Sports Night from a coworker--the Aaron Sorkin show that came before West Wing. I love Sorkin's writing, I just wish he'd managed to un-crapify Studio 60 in time to save it, cause it was juuuust getting good when it was canceled. He's back to writing movies now, which is a bit disappointing. (American President was good, but it was no West Wing.)

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia