Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Whatever!

I finished Scapin last night and decided to read another French book. While brushing my teeth I chose, without much thought, Comment faire l'amour avec un nègre sans se fatiguer by Dany Laferrière, a top Quebec author, and a Haitien immigrant. Not sure I chose wisely, though. Not sure it's what I'm in the mood for over my next long weekend. May need to just read that one a little at a time (the chapters are short) and pick something else for Serious Afternoons on the Couch.

Mae is hopefully going to lend me the Rome series for the weekend, since I'm in a Caesar kind of mood.

In other news, "Dr" Laura is beyond foolitude at this point. To say that your first amendment rights are being violated because you're afraid of losing sponsors... give me a break. But beyond that is What She Really Doesn't Get -- that the "philosophical point" she was making (that how come HBO comedians can use the N-word and others can't) was racist. And just a reflection of the racist way she thinks. Ya what-ev-ah.

2 comments:

BrotherPaul said...

A-Didn't know that Dr L was still on the air!

B-What on earth are you referring to?! Is she in trouble for saying something naughty?!!

London Mabel said...

For saying the N-word 11 times in five minutes. She's apologized for it and can't understand why everyone isn't laying off her now. So she said on Larry King that this will be her last year in radio.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia