Friday, July 16, 2010

vomitahj

I became disenchanted with Mel Gibson when all his weird X-treme Catholicism beliefs came out around the time of The Passion. And when he was arrested and spouted his anti-Semitic and sexist remarks, I was Out. And now that we've heard more evidence of his ugly personality... bleh. Bird on a Wire is on TV and... bleh.

I apply a certain amount of disassociation between an artist and their work, but there gets to a point where the artist's life becomes Unignorable. Mel! You're just GROSS!!!

2 comments:

ladada said...

Well, he's certainly all screwed up - his crazy father and religion must play some part in that - but he's off balance.

Nonetheless I still love Conspiracy Theory - and other of his movies and will just enjoy them for what they are.

(in a related note - One review of Mel's Passion of the Christ pointed out the many references from his off-beat Catholic doctrines. I appreciated that because while watching that movie I kept saying: That's not in the bible.. - now I know)

London Mabel said...

The feeling with probably lessen over time. But I no longer want to see his newer movies.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia