Monday, January 25, 2010

Where's Sean Penn's boat when you need it?

Hmm... I sense the presence of the Haiti benefit concert on iTunes. K'naan has pulled past Tik Tok and Lady G! And his Troubadour album is in the Top 10.

But this Hope for Haiti album is only $7.99. I usually crow over a good deal (there's 20 songs) but considering this is for charity... I feel they have significantly underpriced. You never see compilations for under 9.99, and this length would usually be 14.99.

Well, I'm in anyway. Sean Penn aside, singing us songs is what artists are supposed to do in bad times. Tell it like it is, or mourn, depress us, cheer us up, give us hope, make us mad -- whatever the emotion, standing at the mic is a good place. Unless you're Sean Penn. Then you need to be in a boat! Rescuing the people! (And because I've still got Chappelle in my head: In a BOAT motherfucker! In a Goddamned BOAT!)



2 comments:

Kristin said...

Is it a mix of studio and live performances? I can't really tell from listening to the previewed samples.

London Mabel said...

The Jay Z song is live and there's a studio version. The rest is the live versions.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia