Sunday, September 6, 2009

Navel Gazing: The Books That Changed My Life - Introduction


Because I love to navel-gaze, I sat here this evening thinking about the books that have really impacted me, or where I got new ideas from. And then I started writing them all out, and the reasons why.

Originally it was going to be one posting. But it's so long, I think I'll just schedule them to appear once a week or something. I'm sure a lot of it will be repetition, but... what can I say... I like to sit here and repeat my beliefs to myself once in awhile. Especially when I go on holiday, and it's my vacation in one week. I tend to navel-gaze when I'm on vacation. That's when I make life changes or course corrections.

So here we go, in the order that they occurred to me -- the books that changed my life. Since I wrote these out in one sitting, they make not all make sense, I might not explain myself well. So feel free to question or argue with me. (For example, on "Bible Week" you'll see a question that Maewitch once raised, re my fave Bible passage, and I try to address it.)

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia