Friday, September 11, 2009

The 80s! good for something

I finally went clothes shopping today. Here are 4 reasons I'm glad the 80s/early 90s are back in:

- I can find cheap large earrings again
--> As mentioned before, I've started back into Earring Wear-ahj. (Cheap earrings are much lighter than quality ones.)

- I can find knee socks again
--> I used to have a great collection, but I wore them til they were destroyed and then I moved on to other things. But today I got a yen for knee socks again. Not a lot to choose from, but a start. (Oh and I bought a great pair of legwarmers too! Only worn together for photographic purposes.0


- I can find good leggings again
--> I tried buying some leggings from Old Navy a few years ago, but they're awful--they don't stay up! Make me mental. Au Coton used to be the place for leggings, but they disappeared along with the 80s. However I found great ones at Zellers today. Leggings are just more comfortable than tights, and warmer. And I have such long legs that even "extra long" tights don't stay up well--I prefer things with no feet.
(Look at the zippers on the ankle! Heh heh.)


- I can find big purses again
--> We have to bag check employees at work, so I'm very up on purse trendiness. I remember when every girl at work had purses so small my standard joke was "to make sure you're not stealing a bookmark." Then I saw them grow and grow, and now some of the bags are as big as their torsos. (Too big... come on, you'll never find fuck all in a bag like that.) But I've decided, for my vacation, to see if I can live without my backpack and just use my laptop bag and a purse. So I bought a snazzy faux snakeskin, in a red that doesn't clash too much with the red laptop bag. (Red is, like, a neutral to me.)

I sewed on "grips" to the handles, so my purse won't slip off my
shoulder. Which is my HUGEST purse peeve.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia