Thursday, June 25, 2009

What to read next??

I'm at that horrid yet lovely point of deciding what to read next. I've been reading romances to get to know the market, but I think I need a change for one book. And I've been reading graphic novels, but I think that phase has waned for now, so I'll shelve my League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for another day. (No sense rushing through graphic novels, they are SO expensive.)

Probably I'll read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo:




Only problem is the second book is in hard cover, and the third not yet out in English translation. Well, if the book is so good and I get all desperate, the third book is out in French.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michael Jackson dead? Huh? Never heard of that yet... yes he did seem rather a sad soul these later years..

I discovered Courtney Bryce a whle back - Four Fires was a lot of fun, then Tommo & Hawk. He writes sweeping Saga Adventure stories with compelling characters and lots of action - usually based in Australia, South Africa or the High Seas! Ahoy!!

Right now I'm working on part three of a big three story volume of Stephanie Plum - Bounty Hunter! Great comedy adventure - this book contains numbers 4, 5 and 6 in the series. Not sure how many the author is up to now.

ladada

London Mabel said...

I've only ever read Bryce's The Power of One, which was his big hit. Did you ever read it? Fantastic book, except the last chapter which is total garbage. You have to pretend it doesn't exist.

Pablo gave me the whole Plum series and I've read up to number 6 or 7 I think. She's up to something like 14.
They're super entertaining.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia