Tuesday, June 2, 2009

sleeeepeeeeee


It's 3 AM and I'm drooping over my keyboard from The Sleepies... but I don't want to go to bed! I want to sit here and listen to mah Prince album, and look at my new cookbook.

...Well actually I have two new cookbooks, but I already looked at the other one, AND cooked from it. Though *cooked* is a inaccurate since it's a raw cookbook.


I've never bought a raw ckbk before--too much work, or they require buying a dehydrator. But Ani Phyo is considered the best raw chef, and I want to try making more desserts that use less processed food (esp processed sugar, but flour too), so I bought her new dessert book. And made truffles, made out of ground cashews, cacoa and agave, and I rolled them in coconut. They're nice... like uncooked brownie batter. I stuck them in the freezer and we'll see what they're like tomorrow.

The other book I bought is Moskowitz' Vegan Brunch, cause it has all kinds of recipes in it that I don't have elsewhere--like bagels and English muffins and baked hashbrowns and eggs benedict. Mmm. It's all the fault of Vegan Dad for reviewing it and feeding my consumerism.

Siiigh... sleepy.


No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia