Friday, June 20, 2008

ice cream, couches and makeup

Howdee. Got home early Tuesday morning. I'm not sure what I've been doing in that time... spent some time with Move-Away-Pablo, and Fernando and I had some long conversations. Did groceries, tidied up. We threw out that damn couch that I couldn't sit on because it gave me headaches, and we gave away the willow chair that ripped my clothes. So now we're not really sitting on anything.

On the plane ride home I plotted out more of my next book, so that's coming along.

Today I, un-Thoreau-like, did a little shopping. I bought a new router cause my old one sucked, and now that Fernando has his own desktop I'll be using the laptop more and want to be on the nets. (Sitting in my bed right now--yay!)

I also bought an ice cream maker. It seems horribly materialistic to always be buying new kitchen gadgets, but soy ice cream costs around $7.00 for 1 litre, so this gadget will pay for itself after 4.5 uses.

I dropped by Sephora to see a friend who works there. It just opened in the mall near my home, and is to make-up types what Chapters was to me when it opened near my home. More make-up than you can shake a mascara wand at.

I wasn't used to seeing her in un-Chapters clothes. When I described the way Sephora employees are dressed to Pablo, he said: So she looks like one of Madonna's backup singers? Yes. Yes exactly. No wonder Garraty was too intimidated to inside--probably thought he'd have his Manly Life Force sucked out.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia