Monday, April 21, 2008

On supper break at work

Tonight I'm getting in touch with my roots, and working a floor shift in the French department. I'm replacing a guy who needed the night off at the last minute and heard I was in the market for some shifts.

It's probably been... about 8 years since I've been scheduled on the floor? The staff are weirded out. They're looking out for me though. "How's the shelving?" "You're doing well with that cart!" Awww. So nice.

I have the feet of an aristocrat, though. Can't take this standing/walking for hours. You don't know how many calories you burn having a 5-day/week retail job until you switch to doing desk work.

1 comment:

Aluwings said...

Cart that barge! Shelve that bail! Y'a gits a little drunk when the book's on sale!

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia